Saturday, September 20, 2014

Chicken Fajita Wraps


OH MY GOSH! These are out of this world AMAZING! Not trying to toot my own horn but.... "toot, toot!" I have another chicken fajita recipe on here but if you have time to marinate for around an hour... do this one instead (MUCH better)! I personally do not like peppers and onions, so I did not fix them; However, I know some people love them so I am sure they would take well to marinade! I also love to pair the wraps with my homemade salsa instead of taco sauce.

Cooking Time: 10 Minute or Less
Prep Time: 1 Hour Give or Take


Marinade Ingredients:
1 Juiced Lime (Fresh is best!)
3 TBSP Oil (olive, canola, veggie)
1-1/2 TSP Salt
1-1/2 TSP Oregano (dried)
1-1/2 TSP Cumin
1 TSP Garlic Powder
1/2 TSP Chili Powder
1/2 TSP Paprika
1/2 TSP Red Pepper Flakes

Other Ingredients:
1-2 Pounds of Chicken Breasts
Bell Peppers (optional)
Onions (optional)

Tortillas
Shredded Mexican Cheese

Directions:

1. Mix all marinade ingredients into zip-lock bag or shallow container.

2. Cut chicken into thin and short strips. Cut veggies into strips.

3. Add chicken/ veggies to marinade and let it set in fridge for 1-4 hours. ( I did 1 hour and it was great).

4. Heat grill pan on medium high. Add in chicken and veggies and cook until done around 5-10 minutes depending on size.

5. Remove meat and veggies from pan and set on separate plate.

6. Wipe excess juices from pan with paper towel.

7. Assemble tortilla, chicken, veggies, and cheese and fold tortilla burrito style.

8. Place on grill pan fold side down and grill 1 minute on each side or until grill marks are present.

9. Eat and enjoy with some homemade salsa and chips!